First of all, what is streamlining in business?
Streamlining your business improves the efficiency of your organisation and processes through simplifying or eliminating unnecessary steps, implementing modern techniques and utilising support tools.
When running your own business, every minute is valuable. When done correctly, streamlining your business will make running your business easier and more efficient.
- Fewer errors or delays
- More time
- Elimination of chaos
- You and your employees work smarter, not harder
- A tighter supply chain
- Reduced inefficiencies
- Avoiding unecessaery money leaks
- Competitive Advantage
Growth requires maximum efficiency in all areas of a business.
Here are some simple ways to fine tune your Business and streamline your operations:
- Get off the phone! - Are you wasting time juggling your mobile as well as an office phone? VoIP systems offer a great deal of personalisation and can be up to 40% cheaper than a traditional small-office phone system, and it offers useful features for any small business.
- Automation - Take full advantage of the digital age and automate as much as you can. For example, why not look at automating your accounting process, inventory control, tax process and CRM Management using online software?
- Paperwork - We all know that paperwork can quickly pile up and add unnecessary lead times in a variety of areas. Reduce your paper trail by using a document management system or online storage such as DropBox or iCloud. Ensure all employees know not to create a paper trail unless absolutely necessary.
- Outsource - It is common for manufacturing to outsource various components of production to achieve a significant decrease in assembly costs. Other areas of business that can be successfully outsourced include IT, Marketing and HR.
- Business Coaching - Perhaps the most important of all is working alongside someone who will guide, advise and steer you in the right direction, ensuring your Business is working for you. A dedicated Business Coach will recommend streamlining strategies that deliver tangible, trackable results for you and your Business, thus eliminating chaos and facilitating growth.
- Hire the Right People - Look for multifaceted, proactive talent that will assist in multiple areas, offering many individual strengths as well as complimenting the rest of the team.
- Find the Bottleneck - Pick the largest bottleneck in your company and start the streamlining process there. If you don’t know what this is, consider your activities and determine whether that activity yields the highest value and makes the best use of your time.
Posted by Jonathan Keable on 19 November 2019 at 05:35pm
Related to Professional Services
- Jon McKnightNovember 2015
- Owen Jones DesignNovember 2015
- Flower Fayre for flowers for HM The Queen to corporate giftsMay 2015
- Let there be light!October 2014
- Only the Best for West June 2014
- Magic numbersApril 2014
- A new look for local florist February 2014
- A breath of fresh AyrJanuary 2014
- The launch of Plymouth Facilities ManagementDecember 2013